Friday, September 4, 2009

Grilled Veggies & Portabella Mushrooms




So, in my quest to be more productive in my dinner making skills, the nights we BBQ I try to do most of my dinner on the grill. So, I will BBQ a meat and then add things to the grill like squash, peppers, onions, and mushrooms for the veggie portion of the meal. Almost always I take the easy route and do the simple thing: wash and cut my veggies, use a basting brush to apply olive oil or grapeseed oil to both sides so they don't stick to the grill, and then I lightly dust them with the "ol' faithful" seasoning blend of salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Throw those puppies on the grill until your preferred doneness- some like 'em crunchy, some like 'em mushy- you be the judge!

*** For a FABULOUS recipe for portabella mushrooms with a few more ingredients that take a few more minutes, but I am not kidding, they are mouth-watering good, check out my sister's blog!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment