Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Ideas for Christmas Morning...


I usually like to have something pre-made for breakfast on Christmas morning, something I can heat in the oven or something simple that doesn't take a lot of time so I can focus on my family and not cooking. I usually make one of the following dishes:
  • My Grandma's Spanish Potato Omelet- I make this the night before and then just warm it up in the oven the morning of. It's super filling and easy to serve in "pie pieces" or cut into cubes to snack on.
  • This yummy Breakfast Strata- you make this the night before, again, really simple, it takes about 10 minutes to put it together, then you refrigerate it over night and heat it in the oven the next morning.
  • And if you have guests coming over, you might enjoy something simple like these Banana Muffins or Blueberry ones... or you could even slice up some banana bread and have it out if you are having guests or want a treat for your family.
  • I am trying a new recipe this year for Pumpkin Nut Muffins with Raisins. I don't usually post a recipe before trying it, but I won't be trying it until Christmas Eve, so if anyone else wants to try something new, give this recipe a go- from the looks of it I think it should be very festive and tasty... we shall see!
Pumpkin Nut Muffins with Raisins:
2 eggs beaten
3/4 cup brown sugar
3 TBSP honey
1 can pumpkin
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1/3 cup water
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all purpose flour
1.5 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans)
1/2 cup raisins

Directions:
In a large mixing bowl, beat your eggs and add your sugar, honey, pumpkin, coconut oil and water. Then in a separate bowl, sift your flours, spices, baking soda & powder and salt. Then pour your dry ingredients into your wet and stir well. Add your nuts and raisins and mix well. Scoop into lined muffin tins and bake for 20-25 minutes. You can add a sprinkle of cinnamon & sugar mixture to the top if you desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment