Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Lemon Honey Chicken.....

Oh MY goodness... this is DELICIOUS! Honestly, I have been on the hunt for some yummy new chicken dishes, and this one is a CHART TOPPER!! I am thinking it might be my new go-to, last minute meal, maybe incorporated on a weekly basis... it was SUPER good and SUPER simple!

Ingredients:
4 TBSP fresh lemon juice
2 TBSP honey
1/8 cup expeller pressed coconut oil
1 tsp dried Oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced

chicken browning in the skillet

before going into the oven

finished product after the oven!

Directions:
I used 2 large chicken breasts and sliced them in half and then in half again then I put them in a large ziplock bag and mixed the marinate together and let it refrigerate for an hour (you can do 1-2 hours, but chicken really shouldn't marinate for longer than that). Then I poured the whole bag into my skillet and browned the chicken by letting cook for about 4 minutes on each side. After that I scooped it up and put it into a pyrex dish and popped it in the oven for 20 minutes on 400. It was flavorful, moist, juicy... just wonderful!

I served it with Parmesan Parsnips (fabulous!) and Sauteed Squash (another staple in our house!)

No comments:

Post a Comment