Monday, February 1, 2010

Sauteed Mushrooms & Chicken

In a pinch for dinner one night I combined some ingredients I had on hand- it was yummy, fast, and required very little prep. Use it the next time your in a pinch!

Ingredients:
1/2 red onion
2 cloves garlic
1 TBSP parsley
1 package chicken tenders
1/2 cup white wine or sherry wine
1 package mushrooms, I used crimini

Directions:
First I sauteed the red onion and garlic in a drizzle of grape seed oil for about 2 minutes. Then I added my sliced mushrooms and 1/4 cup of white wine and let them saute for another 3-4 minutes (you could go wild and add a TBSP of butter if you wanted!). I then removed them from my pan onto a dish, and added another drizzle of grape seed oil that coated my pan along with the remains from the mushrooms. I added my chicken tenders, and let them brown on one side, turned them and browned them on the other side. Once they were fully cooked, I added another 1/4 cup of white wine to my pan and then added back the dish of mushrooms, and let them cook together for about 2 minutes, stirring them all together. I served it over a bed of brown rice pasta, but you could serve it over a bed of stemmed veggies or brown rice too!

No comments:

Post a Comment