Thursday, June 25, 2009

Roasted Turkey Breast..




This is not really a recipe, more of an idea- but a great one at that. It serves as a great break from chicken and beef, and brings a little of that good ol' Thanksgiving tastes to your table without cooking the whole bird! Enjoy!

Ingredients:
Turkey Breasts (these are sold in the refrigerated section, I got mine at Trader Joe's- it has bones and skin)
Olive Oil
Salt
Pepper
Garlic Powder

Directions:
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Wash your bird breasts off, pat them dry, brush them with olive oil, sprinkle generously with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Then place them on a roasting pan ( I put foil over my broiling pan for easy clean up). Pop those guys in the oven for 45 minutes (may need more time if your bird breasts are a little on the large side!) I use my thermometer and wait to see it say 170 degrees- then I know they are done! The skin will be a golden brown and the juices will run clear.

Serve with:
Red Mashed Potatoes (see recipe), green salad, asparagus or artichokes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment