Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Teriyaki Glazed Chicken Thighs









I originally got this recipe from my sister Danika and I know she won't mind if I share. Prepare yourself for its mouth-watering-goodness. Another perk- thighs are cheaper than breasts and a nice change up if I don't say so myself :)

Ingredients:
1-2 packages of chicken thighs

Glaze:
1 TBSP cornstarch
1 TBSP cold water
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 clove garlic
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/4 tsp. pepper

Directions:
Whisk these ingredients together over low heat in an small saucepan until it begins to bubble. Preheat your oven to 425. Lightly grease a pyrex dish, wash chicken thighs and cut off excess fat (warning, thighs are fattier than breasts so be prepared to trim them up a bit). After the thighs are prepped and in the dish, brush on the glaze, stick in the oven and cook for 30 minutes, turn them all over, brush on more glaze and cook for another 30 minutes (watch for them to get that yummy, dark glazed look and then they are done and ready to pull out!) You can also glaze the chicken at the 15 minute mark on each side to give them more flavor.

Serve with:
I love to serve this over a serving of chewy brown rice, the thighs are always really juicy and it's a nice compliment to the rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment